Capability Analysis Tool to improve management performance
MANAGECAT® is a self-diagnostic online assessment that measures the non-technical skills of managers. MANAGECAT® provides a springboard for refreshing current managers and improving ongoing management within the organisation.
Why use MANAGECAT®?
MANAGECAT® is relevant to all managers in your organisation, from frontline supervisors, to middle and senior level managers. MANAGECAT® may also be used for succession planning and a supervisor’s 360 review.
MANAGECAT® addresses the Tengblad (2012) research findings that management is both challenging and crucial to the organisation’s high performance. This research identified the top 10 contextual features and characteristics of managerial work as:
- managers face numerous pressures and high expectations
- managers operate in complex environments
- managers experience uncertainty and unforeseen events in their work
- managers have a hectic work pace
- managers find their work day is usually fragmented
- managers spend much of their time adapting to disruptions
- managers spend more time collaborating than making decisions
- managers find their work is emotionally intense
- managers need to use contemporary business language and know about the latest technology
- managers participate in substantial amounts of informal exchanging of important information
MANAGECAT® will assist your organisation by providing an invaluable and clear knowledge base of current management capabilities, which is essential for ongoing learning and development and increased business success.