Capability Analysis Tool to enhance training and assessment
VETCAT® is designed specifically to record the skill levels of VET trainers and assessors. Additionally, VETCAT® is designed to capture the demand for professional development among staff.
Following receipt of the VETCAT® data, not only will organisations know the skill levels of its teachers and trainers, they will also have a clear idea of the types of professional development that staff are willing to undertake and the skills they want to develop.
Why use VETCAT®?
VET practitioners need extensive skills to perform their professional work because governments and the community have high expectations that the sector can produce high-skilled, work-ready, adaptable graduates who can continue learning throughout their careers.
VET practitioners will need even more skills in future as VET practice continually changes due to:
- increased competition between training providers, introducing new levels of flexibility and innovation in delivery and assessment
- client and customer demand for more customisation and if possible personalisation of learning services
- the emergence of new technologies in areas such as e-learning
- the need to meet new or revised VET regulatory standards
- the need to accommodate shifts in industry brought about by forces such as new technology, government policies and competition between companies
- the need to acknowledge new trends and priorities, illustrated by recent additions to VET practice to accommodate sustainability issues and the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF).
By helping organisations identify areas of demand for professional development activity, VETCAT® can help ensure that the workforce is able to accommodate continual changes in VET practice, and respond effectively to the factors driving those changes.